Thursday, May 1, 2008

So they do listen...

I had the pleasure of going in to work late on Wednesday, so that I could attend a teacher conference with Nadine at Eliot Elementary School (funny, Huge letters on front of the building read "Eliot Elem School" with plenty of space to spare, guess they ran out of money?).

After a 45 minute battle with Sam to finish breakfast, including taking his eggs away from him 3 times for: 1. stabbing his fork into Grandpa Bob's table 2. throwing eggs on the floor 3. kicking me in the legs, I finally convinced him that eggs make you very strong, and I showed him my muscle - to which he gobbled them down. Just in time to head to school.
We were the first ones to Little Stars Twinkle, so he got one-on-one attention from his teacher. She reminded him that it was his turn to be the helper which brought out an immediate smile. (I think for 3 year olds being the helper is on par with getting to hold the remote control for the evening) So, the teacher asked if he was strong enough to help her hold up the large art pad that she would be teaching from once all the students arrived. Sam said "I can hold the whole thing up by myself" and he flexed both arms in the air proudly. He added "I have to be careful when I do this or I might tear my shirt". When he was questioned whether those were rocks in his sleeves, he said incredulously "No, I'm so strong from the eggs this morning!". Ah, parenting.

1 comment:

hippiepotomus said...

That's why I have such a crush!