Monday, February 2, 2009

3:02 Snack Goes Everywhere

Our Super Nanny likes to say that she reads blogs all about the great things that happen in everyone's life, but that her blog tells it like it is. Well Blayne, here's what I came home to tonight.

I arrived home about 6:30 p.m. , and I knew Nadine hadn't slept in a week because of Morgan's pneumonia, but she had a funny look on her face, almost happy, but not quite. It was a look like Jack Nicholson's about 1/2 through the Shinning when you can tell things were starting to go astray. After high-stepping and chopping my way through the entry hallway I came across the following note laying on the counter, not titled, just penned on the back of January's school lunch schedule:

6:45 vomit by Morgan
7:15-7:30 fighting by boys (I assume real life, not the WII)
7:45 diarrhea by Morgan (one of 3 words I can't spell: diarrhea, hemorrhage and arrhythmia)
8-9:30 crying by Morgan (sounds like a seascapes CD)
9:45 diarrhea (I assume by Morgan, but maybe it wasn't witnessed)
11:28 diarrhea (based on a message at work this was probably the "crock full of crap" incident)
2:30 crying by Morgan (looks like a 3 hour break to me...)
3 boys demand more snack in Van
3:02 snack goes everywhere in Van
3:40 Morgan (I'm guessing diarrhea? nope) vomits all over van (on top of the snack?)
4 boys to skiing (that sounds nice)
next page...
4:10 Van stuck in snow
4:40 Van unstuck after digging, rocking, kitty litter (I wonder why they didn't use the snack) and 5 people pushing
4:30 - present Morgan crying (this one I can vouch for)
5:00 - Vacuum took my $ and barely worked
DAY SUCKED! (untimed)

Huh, a little scary. The writing grew messier and more hurried as I read down the list. I'm not even sure who she was writing for? The Police? The Doctor? The coroner?
Well, as Tom Hanks' character says on Cast Away after losing the love of his life for a 2nd time "Tomorrow the Sun will rise". Some how I don't think you'll need to set your alarm clock Nadine.

No comments: