Well, I have to say we hit the jackpot when Nadine made a connection with the women who watches, guides, mentors, enlightens, chases, inspires and challenges our children a few days a week. She has an amazing way of tapping into their souls. Her recent blog (Defining Work) is one of the most beautiful tributes to our children:
http://hippiepotomus.blogspot.com/
scroll down to Monday, March 10, 2008.
She pegged each of our children so perfectly:
Happy-Go-Lucky Morgan - I picture her riding out the rough seas on a yacht, pending storm closing in, sails thrashing and Morgan commenting on the beautiful colors the setting sun is making...
Sam the Linguist, the Creator, the Romantic - I picture Sam getting the dancing going at his sister's wedding, or delivering a hilarious roast at his grandfather's 80th birthday, or charming a love interest on the rocks at a beach with a home-spun song delivered with perfect rhyme and rhythm even in the pouring rain...
Jack the Lover, the Leader, the Loyal - I picture Jack changing the lives of many souls by demanding more of them, by asking them to reach further than they knew they could, by caring about them more than they knew HE could. He will never forget a single thing that anyone he cares about has ever told him, and that will change there lives forever...

1 comment:
I really appreciate the kind words!! Thank you. I'm the lucky one, i think. You on the other hand, may be in the wrong profession. I think writing is really a talent for you...maybe you should publish some stories!
I loved the pictures of your kids and had a hard time narrowing it down...I'll have to take more too because they're so darn cute.
Post a Comment