I had the pleasure of watching Sam's flag football game for the first time tonight. It didn't take long to recognize Sam as the leader of his rag tag team of 6 & 7 year olds. Sam took the opening kick-off back for a dazzling touchdown, tip toeing the last 20 yards down the sideline.
Next possession, Sam positioned himself behind center and barked out the call "Ready, Set, Go!" following a couple of handoffs, Sam took a broken play and danced through the defense for another long score. After racking up a couple of "sacks" on defense, Sam even mixed in a couple of short screen passes and impressive laterals. Finally, the coach scripted a fake handoff that called for Sam to bootleg around the defense. Sam executed the play perfectly, sprinting around the corner, zaging sharply to avoid countless outstretched hands, and turning on the jets to outrun half a dozen young defenders. I don't think I ever saw him stop smiling the whole evening...

No comments:
Post a Comment